Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Wonderfully Made

How Wonderfully Made started?
well,it was meant to be a dream.A passion to be buried and forgotten.
But everything beautiful starts only when we dare to dream,no matter how tiny the 'fire' seemed.
So Wonderfully Made started,with a little hope,courage and dream.

Who is behind Wonderfully Made?
Hi I'm Vee. A girl who fell deeply in love with vintage jewelries.yes it's my passion to craft,to explore what I can do with all these trinkets that whisper stories to tell.

Why "Wonderfully Made"?
Read here:

Why are crafts here priced this "way"?
I'm glad that if you've been wondering about this question,cause so far,no one actually personally asked me this question.All people,including my dear friends commented was, "It's so expensive,I'm not going to buy it". or "Vee, your items are just overpriced."
To be frank,it hurts. There are many wonderful people who appreciate what I crafted, but there are also some who do not feel the same way.
 Well,I do understand. People has different opinion of value of certain things. So what I trying to do is "just let it go". But there are things I hope people,including my beloved friends,to know about handmade stuffs.

I acknowledge that every crafts have their prices set differently, and we often labelled as reasonable to super expensive. But I believe there's reasons that the prices are set that way.And I also believe that the definition of reasonable and unreasonable are often depended on what a person really values.

Honestly,there are many handcraft stores out there:
handmade accessories,crafts,soaps,lotions,cards,clay arts etc.
While it's obvious that there are many differences and special things between each craft every shops sell,there's these common characteristics shared among all: 
Special.Time extensive.Skills.

1.Special
Sometimes I've gotten discouraged when people giving me the same comment that I started to doubt,"why not just resell mass products?It earns a lot better than what I'm doing now".True, other people are making more money by just buying stocks and resell them at marked,yet lower price than handmades.
Why expensive, then? There are things we can see, like material cost.But what most people missed out(even myself) are other unseen costs:overhead cost,postage costs,fuel costs,labor costs.
And sometimes,I feel like I'm a just a free labor when people telling me to reduce the price.
But thankfully all these comments reminded me that what I'm making is NOT mass produced goods.
And I do not enjoy earning money by selling what I do not have passion for. I want to earn by crafting,creating,making.That's my passion.
Handmade craft is special cause that's how you get all your customized,personalized,one-of-a-kind sweet hearts.
It reminded me that what I'm crafting is special,each and everyone of them.:)


2.Time extensive
Don't get me wrong that every piece of crafts needs a lot of time to make. 
But of course yes,some are more time consuming than others. 
In every piece, time is spent on them. 
There are a lot more of things done behind the scene, which only crafters understand.
I'm the manager,the photographer,the photo editor,the blogger,the marketing staff,the clerk,the designer,the craftswoman,the accountant,the stock keeper,the promoter,the packer,the cashier,the driver(to post offices mostly),and the "cleaner". 
And the time consumed? I don't really know,honestly.
But I can tell you that I've been working most days,whether it's about purchasing, restocking or designing.
So the next time you comment on the price of certain things, try to get a "deeper" understanding of the picture. :)

3.Skills
From designing to packing,there's a need for skills to do them.
When I just start this business,most essential skills I started from zero:crafting,designing,managing.
While I am not a highly-skilled craft woman, but I do believe that in every crafters, there's unique skills that no one can duplicate.

Sorry for the lengthy explanations but
perhaps when we see things in a bigger, or the whole picture, we'll understand why.:)


More?
After started Wonderfully Made for first few months,I decided that I need,and I can do something more.yes perhaps it seemed so little that I can do,but I do believe little by little,it makes alot. It may seem little,but it may mean a lot,especially to those who has less, less than a little.

But most importantly,this couldn't happen without all blessings and support that I have, starting from the first day Wonderfully Made is born.Honestly,I couldn't make it without God,and of course all of you.
To all people who supported,especially dear heavenly Daddy,my friends and people who loves me :
Thanks a million!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment